Tax dates for your calendar! Here are the important tax dates to remember in 2009:
- January 15, 2009: Fourth quarter estimated tax payment due (or you can file your return and pay all tax due by February 2, 2009).
- January 31, 2009: Last day for businesses to mail W-2, 1098, and 1099 forms.
- March 16, 2009: Corporate tax returns due.
- April 15, 2009: Individual tax returns or extensions due, first quarter estimated tax payments due, and IRA contribution deadline.
- June 15, 2009: Second quarter estimated taxes due.
- September 15, 2009: Third quarter estimated taxes due.
- October 15, 2009: Individual tax returns with extensions due.
- January 15, 2010: Fourth quarter estimated taxes due.
For more 2009 tax dates, see IRS Publication 509.